Then refer to the right panel of this blog window, under 'Blog Archive' section for the subsequent 20 updates.
Session 40: Jan 7, 2011
Theme: Sanskrit root of Hindu culture
- In the epic saying of Lord Krishna.. "Yadaa Yadaa hi dharmasya, glanir bhavati Bharata..", what does Glani mean? #DharmaQuiz 461 #Sanskrit Ans: :Decrease, deterioration or reduction
- Indian Air Force's motto is "नभःस्पृशं दीप्तम् || Nabah Sprisham Deeptam". What does Deepta in #Sanskrit mean? #DharmaQuiz 462 Ans: Inflamed, Brilliant, Glory, Lighted etc.
- "Prajnanam Brahma" is a Maha Vakya for Hindus. What does PraJnana mean in #Sanskrit? #DharmaQuiz 463 Ans: Wisdom, Knowledge or Consciousness
- 2000 years back, in which script was Samskritam or #Sanskrit written in? No, it is not Deva Nagari. #DharmaQuiz 464 Ans: Brahmi
- #Sanskrit is one of the very few languages with Dual concept for nouns. If Ramah is singular, what's the dual form for it? #DharmaQuiz 465 Ans: Ramou
- Maharshi is a very common name in Hindu scriptures. Which Sandhi (word join) makes Maha + Rishi = Maharshi? #DharmaQuiz 466 #Sanskrit Ans: GuNa Sandhi (Swara sandhi considered too)
- Motto of #Indonesia's Navy is - जलेष्वेव जयामहे' || Jaleshveva Jayamahe". Name one equivalent word for Jala in #Sanskrit. #DharmaQuiz 467 Ans: Apah, Salil, Udakam, Sudhaa or Toyam
- Mumbai Police Emblem is सद्रक्षणाय खलनिग्रहणाय || Sadrakshanaaya Khalanigrahanaaya". Meaning of KhaLa in Sanskrit? #DharmaQuiz 468 Ans: Thief, evil, bad person or Wicked
a) Sanskrit Dictionary for both Roman and Devanagari scripts. Fabulous one as it auto fills your query - http://spokensanskrit.de/
b) Sandhi Engine: http://sanskrit.inria.fr/DICO/sandhier.html
List of people who got answers right and indicating how many they got right:
- @NR_Tatvamasi : 8
- @Saffronizer : 7
- @nharipra : 7
- @Biorahul : 6
- @daps1312 : 5
- @FEEL4INDIA : 4
- @cpdarshi : 4
- @vandebharat : 4
- @lifemantra : 3
- @TheArvindDhar : 2
- @AmareshRath : 2
- @ssudhirkumar : 2
- @kalika3107 : 1
- @av_kv : 1
- @zincoshine : 1
- @kishan_harathi : 1
- @vivekshenoy : 1
Congratulations to all those listed above! Also, thanks to all those who attempted as well as those who are silently following the tweets or blog.
Watch out for the next update! Of course, don't forget to leave your comments & suggestions, as well as subscribe to this blog. It is just a fun way to participate in sharing of religious / spiritual knowledge.