Then refer to the right panel of this blog window, under 'Blog Archive' section for the subsequent 19 updates.
Session 39: Jan 4, 2011
Theme: Hindu Jyotish/Astrology & Cosmology, contd.
- What's the name of paksha or fortnight from Amavasya (new moon) to Purnima (full moon) in Hindu calendar? #DharmaQuiz 454 Ans: Shukla (gradually whitening moon)
- Name the full moon day which is celebrated by Hindus honouring the great sage Vyasa, who wrote down Mahabharata. #DharmaQuiz 455 Ans: Guru or Vyasa Purnima
- Out of the 6 rithu/ruthu/seasons in Hindu calendar, name the 1 representing pre winter in India, also having word snow in it #DharmaQuiz 456 Ans: Hemanta from root word Hima (snow)
- Hindus using lunar calendars adjust every 3yrs by adding an extra month to catchup with solar cal.What is that month called? #DharmaQuiz 457 Ans: Adhika Masa
- Name a Lunar Hindu calendar month that also has a very close match in name to one of 27 Nakshatras/zodiac/stars. #DharmaQuiz 458 Ans: Marga Shira or Mriga Shira (Head of a deer)
- Out of the 4 padas/quarters in Kali Yuga, which pada are we in now? #DharmaQuiz 459 Ans: First
- Ursa Major, the constellation, is called by what name in Hindu Astrology? #DharmaQuiz 460 Ans: Sapta Rishi (Saptarshi) Mandala
Watch out for the next update! Of course, don't forget to leave your comments & suggestions, as well as subscribe to this blog. It is just a fun way to participate in sharing of religious / spiritual knowledge.