Then refer to the right panel of this blog window, under 'Blog Archive' section for the subsequent 17 updates.
Session 37: Dec 28, 2010
Theme: Hindu Heritage in today's Pakistan geographical region
- Name the ancient university town, near Islamabad, #Pakistan, which derives its name from Ramayana's Bharata's descendant. #DharmaQuiz 439 Ans: Taksha Shila or Taxila on Taksha, Bharata's descendent.
- A big portion of Rig Veda, the most ancient religious text, is said to be composed in which province of #Pakistan? #DharmaQuiz 440 Ans: Punjab. Read more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hinduism_in_Punjab#Vedic_Punjab
- Lahore is credited to have been founded by Lava, Rama's son. Which Pakistan city was founded by Kusha, Lava's twin brother? #DharmaQuiz 441 Ans: Kasur
- Name the Pakistan Punjab city, termed "city of gold" earlier, for housing an extremely large sun temple, with 6000 ppl inside it! #DharmaQuiz 442 Ans: Multan
- Name the Pak Punjab city, starting with 'S', said to have been founded by Mahabharata's Nakula & Sahadeva's maternal uncle. #DharmaQuiz 443 Ans: Sialkot, founded by Shalya, brother of Madri in Mahabharata
- Katasraj temple in Paki Punjab was the site of enchanted pool episode in Mahabharata. Who tests Yudhishtira in the scene? #DharmaQuiz 444 Ans: Yama, Yudhishtira's father in the form of an Yaksha. Temple details: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katasraj_temple . Also, check out the awesome 18 wise Qs & Ans between father & son here: http://www.hindu-blog.com/2008/11/yudhishtira-and-yaksha-questions-and.html
- Name the imp kingdom from Mahabharata & the only province in today's Pak, where Hindus form more than 5% of total population #DharmaQuiz 445 Ans: Sindh, 6.6% as per last Pakistan census
- The southern door of Sarvajna or Sharada Peetha in PoK was opened only after this great monk won debates. Name him. #DharmaQuiz 446 Ans: Adi Shankara. The southern door was opened when he, representing South India, won the debates.
- @rainaamit : 8
- @gautshen : 7
- @TheArvindDhar : 6
- @GirishLN : 6
- @rohitbhatta : 5
- @centerofright : 4
- @NayakPradeep : 2
- @avinashbhat01 : 2
- @itsmesuresh : 1
- @rsenthilkumar : 1
- @nharipra : 1
- @shivsankar : 1
- @Gaandeeva : 1
- @Karmasura : 1
- @subodh1945 : 1
- @Truthtriumphs : 1
Watch out for the next update! Of course, don't forget to leave your comments & suggestions, as well as subscribe to this blog. It is just a fun way to participate in sharing of religious / spiritual knowledge.