Then refer to the right panel of this blog window, under 'Blog Archive' section for subsequent updates.
Session 25: Nov 02 2010
- Vedas are divided into 4 divisions. Brahmana, Aranyaka & Upanishad are three. Name the first division #DharmaQuiz 344 Ans: Samhita
- Out of the 6 Vedangas ( Organs of Vedas), which one deals with padas & syllables? #DharmaQuiz 345 Ans: Chandas
- Name the Maha (main) Purana which tells us stories of Lord Krishna primarily. #DharmaQuiz 346
Ans: Bhagavata Purana. More here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhagavata_Purana
- Which group of #Hindu scriptures literally means "that which is remembered"? #DharmaQuiz 347
Ans: Smriti. More here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smriti
- Which group of Hindu scriptures literally means "implying sitting near a teacher to receive instruction"? #DharmaQuiz 348 Ans: Upanishad (Upa = nearby; ni = at a proper place; shad = sitting down near)
- Which of the 4 Vedas are supposed to be sung in melodious ragas, and not chanted? #DharmaQuiz 349 Ans: Sama Veda
- Does Bhagavad Gita belong to Shruti or Smriti categories of Hindu scriptures? #DharmaQuiz 350
- Name any one of the 3 upanishads that have originated from Atharva Veda. #DharmaQuiz 351
Ans: Any of Mundaka, Prashna or Mandukya
Watch out for the next update! Of course, don't forget to leave your comments & suggestions, as well as subscribe to this blog. It is just a fun way to participate in sharing of religious / spiritual knowledge.