Then refer to the right panel of this blog window, under 'Blog Archive' section for subsequent update.
Session 22: Oct 22 2010
- Ramayana's writer, Vaalmiki derives his name from the Sanskrit word "Valmik". What does that mean? #DharmaQuiz 319 Ans: Ant Hill
- #Valmiki is celebrated as Adi Kavi or First Poet of #Sanskrit. What was the first thing he started? #DharmaQuiz 320 Ans: Shloka or Verse of Sanskrit Poetry
- Who were the first two disciples of Sage Valmiki to whom he taught Ramayana? Ans: Lava & Kusha
- Valmiki's #Ramayana is 24000 shlokas/verses in poetry form. They are in 7 chapters/Kandas. How many Sargas/Cantos are there? #DharmaQuiz 322 Ans: 500
- Prior to becoming a sage, #Valmiki was a robber. Who was his last (unsuccessful) robbing victim? #DharmaQuiz 323 Ans: Bharhmarshi Narada
- What was Valmiki's birth name and who was his father? #DharmaQuiz 324 Ans: Ratnakara, Prachetasa
- What was the first word of the very first Sanskrit shloka that came out of Valmiki's mouth? #DharmaQuiz 325 Ans: Manishad (more here: http://www.indiadaily.in/2009/10/04/valmiki-jayanti-to-be-celebrated-today/ )
- Sita gave birth to her twins in Valmiki Ashram/hermitage. Near which city of #India today you can find that spot? #DharmaQuiz 326 Ans: Amritsar, Punjab. More here: http://www.bhagwanvalmiki.com/valmiki-tirath.htm
- Name any two states from #India that are celebrating Valmiki Jayanti state holiday today #DharmaQuiz 327 Ans: Punjab and Karnataka
Watch out for the next update! Of course, don't forget to leave your comments & suggestions, as well as subscribe to this blog. It is just a fun way to participate in sharing of religious / spiritual knowledge.